Location: Sydney / Parramatta (dependent on rotations)
Typical Degrees: This stream is flexible on degree. Typical degrees may include Commerce, Business majors in Finance, Accounting, Law, Marketing, Management, Economics etc
The AMP Bank graduate program provides graduates with the opportunity to develop fundamental Banking and Financial skills and capabilities. The program allows gradates to experience what it’s like to work in an in-house Bank, providing exposure to extensive products, services and functions, opening the door to numerous post program career paths.
The Bank graduate program is a two year, four rotation program. By offering both compulsory and elective rotations, AMP Bank graduates gain unique exposure to a diverse range of work within an end to end Bank business.
AMP Bank provides a comprehensive range of banking products for end customers through various intermediaries. As a Bank graduate, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to all in-house functions, whether that be through rotation or team or project involvement.
AMP Bank is made up of the following teams:
- Finance and Reporting: this team is responsible for all financial, treasury, securitisation, reporting and analytical functions for AMP Bank.
- Retail Solutions: this team is responsible for management of all bank products on offer. This team is accountable for product design, implementation and monitoring along with the end to end customer experience and customer management.
- Operations: this team is responsible for managing the processing of all bank products including calls from customer and intermediaries and directly accountable for the customer experience.
- Broker and Planner Sales: this team is responsible for managing all intermediary relationships across the Bank business.
- Risk: this team is responsible for ensuring risk control processes and governance are followed throughout the business.
- Strategy and Change: this team is responsible for developing and implementing strategy and change across the AMP bank business.
- Practice Finance: this team is responsible for commercial loans which we provide to our advisers and customers.
The AMP Bank stream offers graduates the opportunity to complete four, six-month rotations across the areas including:
- Product - including exposure to Sales and Operational functions (compulsory)
- Data and Analytics for Risk and Reporting - including Strategy functions (compulsory)
- Finance and Risk - including exposure to credit and collection functions (compulsory)
- Business elective rotation – this may include other areas of AMP Bank (elective rotation)
Possible career paths following the Bank graduate program are numerous, and may include roles such as:
- Product Analyst or Pricing Analyst
- Risk Analyst or Consultant
- Treasury Dealer, Analyst, or wider Treasury opportunities
- Data Analyst
- CPA opportunities