Typical Degrees: Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Marketing, International Studies
The Global Distribution & Business Management stream spans two divisions of AMP Capital – Asia Pacific and Strategy & Investment Services. The GDBM business is all about client, products, marketing, communications, strategy and data – all that makes an investment firm operate successfully.
Given AMP Capitals growing Asian business, fluency in an Asian language would be beneficial, though not mandatory.
The program is a two year rotational program which incorporates four six month rotations across a span of GDBM divisions. Graduates are given the opportunity to complete rotations across three broad divisions:
- Asia Pacific Division: Australian retail, Australian Institutional and Corporate Business, Japan business, China business, Australian retail marketing, Content and publishing, Digital and innovation, Account Management & Consultants, Asia Pacific finance
- Strategy & Investment Services: Client Services, Investment Risk & Performance, Business transformation, Strategy & Planning, Global product
Possible career paths following the GDBM Graduate program are diverse, including:
- Business Development / Client Relationship Manager
- Product or Strategy Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Technical Sales Specialist
- Performance or Risk Analyst
- China or Japan Business Associate
- Communications Specialist
The variety of rotations I completed in the Global Distribution & Business Management stream of the AMP Capital Graduate Program gave me the chance to develop a wide range of business and technical skills and to learn from managers with diverse experiences, leadership styles, and expertise.
A highlight of the graduate program was my rotation in the Strategic Partnerships – China Team that focused on supporting and engaging with our strategic partner, China Life, the world’s largest listed life insurance company. As a graduate, I was able to make meaningful contributions to establishing and building relationships, exploring areas of potential cooperation and coordinating joint business activities. This team provided a segway for me to connect to a wide range of stakeholders across the business including senior leadership, investment teams, Distribution and Finance.
The culture of the graduate community is one of my favourite aspects of the graduate program. By being part of a community of both existing and past graduates, I have built valuable social and professional connections across the business. Starting your first job after university can be a daunting experience but the scope of support provided by the AMP Graduate Program has made it an enjoyable and highly rewarding experience.
Find out more here