We're seeking graduates of data science backgrounds to join our 2023 graduate program. As a data analyst at the ANAO, you'll help discover insights into government policies and programs as you as you develop scripts, visualisations and pipelines to answer audit-related questions.
Work collaboratively with colleagues to investigate complex data sets that relate to public administration and government spending, shaping our audit conclusions and recommendations. You'll be helping our auditors in the field to investigate the big public issues of the day, including agencies':
- program implementation, management and monitoring
- IT systems
- financial statements
- service delivery
- procurement processes, contract and grants management
- management of defence assets
- policy development processes
- and more!
What's in it for you?
- Work with innovative technology for statistical modelling, data mining, text mining and process mining
- A bird's eye view of the public service, working across multiple portfolios, getting the ultimate intro to government and a unique professional edge
- A truly unique opportunity to see how agencies (big and small) run, developing your business acumen and priming you for leadership
- Real work with real responsibility — see your work published and tabled in Parliament. Make a difference, contributing to better public administration
- Unparalleled access to senior leadership including the Auditor-General and Deputy Auditor-General
- Tailored learning and development, an extensive training program and structured rotations into different areas
Auditing: it's not just for accountants
If you've completed a data analytics, business information systems, engineering or IT security degree in the last seven years, then we want to hear from you!
Other characteristics that will help you flourish at the ANAO include:
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- creative and critical thinking
- flexibility and adaptability
- well-developed conceptual and analytical abilities
- a strong sense of purpose and the drive to achieve.
Feel free to check out our 'Job Opportunities' for other ANAO teams and types of work.
Apply today to see what other grads don't!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics, Government
- Work rights:
- Position Start Date
October 2022/February 2023
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:17th Mar 2022, 10:48 pm