We are seeking graduates of all degree backgrounds to join our 2023 graduate program. Not sure what to do with your degree? As a performance auditor you'll research and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of government programs and report to Parliament on the big issues of the day.
In performance audit you'll apply your well-developed generalist skills — like analysis, research and writing — to examine a variety of public policy and administrative issues. Each new audit is like a new research project and comes with the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of a specific audit topic — ranging from mass-scale infrastructure projects through to the delivery of services to communities. Learn how the public sector works, while analysing the delivery of programs of public interest and importance.
You could examine Australian Government:
- program implementation, management and monitoring
- service delivery
- procurement processes, contract and grants management
- management of defence assets
- policy development processes
- government performance statements
- and more!
What's in it for you?
- A birds-eye view of the public service, working across multiple portfolios, getting the ultimate intro to government and a professional edge
- A truly unique opportunity to see how agencies run that will develop your business acumen and prime you for leadership
- Real work with real responsibility — see your work published and tabled in Parliament. Make a difference, contributing to better public administration
- Unparalleled access to senior leadership including the Auditor-General and Deputy Auditor-General
- Tailored learning and development, an extensive training program and structured rotations into different areas.
Auditing: it's not just for accountants
We're looking for curious and highly motivated team-players from all academic backgrounds. Our work is highly varied, and different audit topics call for different specialities — which means that whatever your degree or experiences, you have expertise to share.
Characteristics that will help you flourish at the ANAO include:
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- creative and critical thinking
- flexibility and adaptability
- well-developed conceptual and analytical abilities
- a strong sense of purpose and the drive to achieve.
Feel free to check out our 'Job Opportunities' for other ANAO teams and types of work.
Apply today to see what other grads don't at the ANAO!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Economics, Government
- Work rights:
- Position Start Date
October 2022/February 2023
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:17th Mar 2022, 10:47 pm