Do you want to work with one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses?
APA own and operate Australia’s largest gas network with over 1800 people across almost 70 sites throughout mainland, regional and remote Australia. APA also own or have interests in gas storage facilities, gas-fired power stations, gas processing plants, wind farms and solar farms. We have a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
With a strong focus on achieving results, a collaborative working style and a values-based culture, APA offers you a career opportunity like no other. We have opportunities for Engineering Graduates as part of our 2021 Graduate Development Program based in Brisbane or Melbourne.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will have the opportunity to gain experience working in teams across our Infrastructure Development and Operations functions. You will contribute to the delivery of assigned projects including planning and scoping, risk assessment, design and documentation, project management and administration, site work and related tasks. The role may require travel to operational assets and construction project work sites as appropriate to your rotations. This may entail remote site work on a roster basis for some parts of the graduate program.
As a Graduate on our two year development program we will offer you:
- Structured rotations in teams across Infrastructure Development and Operations functions as part of your two year program
- An opportunity to build positive relationships with peers, senior managers, and customers across multiple teams and business units
- Valuable on the job experience in your discipline working on a range of challenging projects
- Regular feedback on your performance and support to set goals for your future career
- Customised professional development sessions focusing on skills such as resilience, managing change, personal brand, leadership, communication and teamwork
- A mentor to help guide your career
On successful completion of the Graduate Program we will work together placing you in a business unit that you have worked in, balancing your preferences with the business needs.
To be eligible to apply for the Graduate Development program, you will be:
- Degree qualified in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (Melbourne or Brisbane)
- A recent Graduate or in your final year of study and in a position to start your graduate program in February 2021
- Be able to communicate with a broad range of people; verbally and written.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Have sound analytical and research skills
- Be driven and dedicated to your career growth and development
- Hold a current Australian drivers license.
If you have the focus, energy, flexibility and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply:
- Submit your Cover Letter, CV, academic transcript and application via the “Apply” button
- Applications close on Friday, 21 August 2020
- Offers are expected to be in October 2020
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Electrical,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2020, 1:59 pm