Do you want to work with a leading Australian energy infrastructure business?
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business, connecting Australian’s to responsible energy since the year 2000. We employ around 1900 people around Australia. We own and/or operate around $22 billion of energy infrastructure assets across Australia, including wind and solar farms, gas storage, gas transmission and processing facilities, and gas-fired power stations. We are also making significant and exciting progress in renewable storage and hydrogen.
Bring your energy!
We want you to help us shape the future of the energy industry. Our vision to be world class in energy solutions. We harness the strengths and experiences of our people to tackle challenges our communities face in this ever changing world. We pride ourselves on being collaborative and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity.
If you have the energy and courage to make a positive impact, we would love to hear from you.
IT Opportunities available
It is planned that over the course of the 6 weeks assignment you will spend time in the CI/CD and business-as-usual support areas within the APA Grid team. You will achieve a good understanding of:
· business requirements analysis, solution design and implementation
· accounting and gas transportation services
· development practices and supporting technologies (e.g. automated testing tools)
· IT service management and service delivery processes
· energy components system administration and troubleshooting
To be eligible to apply for the Summer Internship, you will be:
· graduating in 2021, 2022 or 2023
· studying a degree in Information Technology
· located in Brisbane
· available to start your Internship full time 12 January until 23 February 2022
· good, broad understanding of IT technologies (networking, databases, servers, modern programming languages)
· proficient in programming in Java or similar object-oriented languages
· understanding of database design and proficiency in coding efficient (SQL) queries
· understanding of the SDLC (software development life cycle)
How to apply:
• Submit your Cover Letter, CV, academic transcript and application via the “Apply” button
• Applications close on Sunday 31 October 2021
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered. APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2021, 12:59 pm