APA own and operate Australia’s largest gas network with over 1800 people across almost 70 sites throughout mainland, regional and remote Australia. APA also own or have interests in gas storage facilities, gas-fired power stations, gas processing plants, wind farms and solar farms. We have a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
APA Group is an excellent place to see what your career could look like. As an Intern and part of an APA team, you’ll learn from a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy. We now have Intern opportunities available in the Infrastructure Development section of our Procurement team in Sydney.
Our Infrastructure Development Procurement team provide strategic and tactical purchasing and procurement solutions for infrastructure construction, asset engineering and Power capex projects. During your internship, you will assist with putting together project budgets, schedules and delivery methodologies for new projects, and gain an understanding of the procurement process eg. specifications, tendering, selection and lead times.
As an Intern at APA we offer you:
- An opportunity to build positive relationships with peers, senior managers, and customers across multiple teams and business units
- Gain exposure to the energy industry
- Valuable on the job experience in your discipline working on a range of tasks and projects
- Feedback on your performance
- Support from a buddy.
What we look for:
We want you to help us shape the future of the energy industry. At APA, we continue to seek diversity of thought and experiences in our early talent so we can tackle the new challenges that we, and our customers, face in our ever changing world. We want to hear from students who are flexible and resilient in the face of change and who thrive in team situations. You will welcome the opportunity to be innovative and be good at analysing problems, absorbing information and enjoy a challenge.
To be considered you must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand permanent resident (PR) or citizen at the time of applying
- Be in your penultimate year of an Engineering degree (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical)
- Be available to work full-time hours for 12 weeks, commencing 30 November 2020 and finishing 19 February 2021
- Attach a copy of your academic transcript to date, CV and cover letter
- Submit your application online by 18 September 2020.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Update on COVID-19
We are closely monitoring and adhering to all advice and recommendations issued by our federal and state governments. The recruitment process will take place over the course of September and October and we will provide you with an update on how our interviews will take place closer to the time. The health and safety of our employees and Intern candidates are our number one priority.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Electrical,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:18th Sep 2020, 11:00 am