Do you want to work with one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses?
APA Group is an excellent place to see what your career could look like. As an Intern or Vacationer and part of an APA team, you’ll learn from a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy.
As an ASX top 50 organisation we invest in you. As a growing and dynamic business, we have the support to enable you advance your career. Completing a Vacation Program or Internship can often lead to ongoing job opportunities and entry to our Graduate Development Program. We embrace our social responsibility as a successful business, and engage in sustainable initiatives to benefit the environment and local communities where we work.
Based in our one of our metropolitan offices, in either Spring Hill, Brisbane or Southbank, Melbourne; this opportunity will provide a diverse range of tasks that give an insight into how a large gas infrastructure company handles regulatory obligations, interacts with regulators and a range of internal stakeholders.
You will work closely with our technical regulatory specialists based in Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth and have exposure to technical regulatory work on gas transmission pipeline infrastructure, LNG storage facility, underground gas storage and a mid-stream gas processing facility, interacting with engineers, planning professionals, environmental professionals and technical officers.
You will be a problem solver who can absorb and interpret a large volume of information, assist in improving systems and relishes taking on a challenge in a busy environment.
You will be involved in:
- Assisting in the development of a national guideline for regulatory approvals in building and designing new plant and infrastructure.
- Revision of safety case material and preparation of information for regulatory safety case audits
- Assisting in revision of emergency response plans
- Assisting in implementing the national compliance & assurance database
- Technical auditing including assistance in conducting audits, compiling reports and action tracking
- Meetings with technical regulators in relation to operational issues and upcoming projects
- Providing advice to project managers in relation to regulatory submissions
- Assisting in developing our internal assurance framework and performance standards for key risk controls
- Assisting with regulatory reporting – reports and data submission to regulators
- Based in Brisbane or Melbourne.
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year undergraduate studying toward a degree in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Be available to work over the Christmas holiday period (other than public holidays).
- Proven ability to absorb and interpret a large volume of information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Australian working rights (essential).
- Available to travel interstate if required.
If you have the focus, energy, flexibility and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply:
Please upload your CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- How you meet the requirements of the role.
- How you would benefit from this placement.
Applications close 9pm on 31st October 2019
Start your new role on 2nd December 2019
APA is an equal opportunity employer. Our workplace is diverse and inclusive and we value the unique talents, experiences and perspectives you will bring to help strengthen our culture, brand and performance.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Mechanical
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2019, 10:00 am