Bring your energy!
Do you want to work with one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses?
APA Group is an excellent place to see what your career could look like. As an Intern or Vacationer and part of an APA team, you’ll learn from a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy.
As an ASX top 50 organisation we invest in you. As a growing and dynamic business, we have the support to enable you to advance your career. Completing a Vacation Program or Internship can often lead to ongoing job opportunities and entry to our Graduate Development Program. We embrace our social responsibility as a successful business, and engage in sustainable initiatives to benefit the environment and local communities where we work.
Based in our Southbank, Melbourne office; we have an exciting opportunity for you to be part of our Infrastructure Development Division. This is a great opportunity if you are studying mechanical engineering and you want to increase your site knowledge and experience in infrastructure assets. You will be working alongside the Facilities Integrity Engineer observing and learning about different types of assets and their functions while documenting required design data that will facilitate the validation process. In addition you will also have the opportunity to apply your excel skills to develop a spreadsheet capturing the data with links and photos.
You will be involved in:
- Understanding the various processes and systems in condition assessments.
- Understanding why and how condition assessment feeds into asset management principles.
- Understanding of damage mechanisms and the difference in both consequence and probability of failure modes.
- Understanding fitness for service assessments based on relevant industry standards.
- Understanding the role engineers have in shaping the culture and behaviours within a business.
- Understanding the basic principals involved in Risk Based Inspection methodology.
- Understanding the importance of robust maintenance platforms.
- Understanding the framework behind statutory compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Based in Melbourne.
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year mechanical engineering student.
- Be available to work over the Christmas holiday period (other than public holidays).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Australian working rights (essential).
- A valid Australian manual driver’s license.
- Available to travel interstate if required.
If you have the focus, energy, flexibility and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply:
Please upload your CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- How you meet the requirements of the role.
- How you would benefit from this placement.
- What experience or exposure you have had that makes you suitable for the placement.
- Applications close on 27 th September 2019
- Start your new role late November 2019.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. Our workplace is diverse and inclusive and we value the unique talents, experiences and perspectives you will bring to help strengthen our culture, brand and performance.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical, Mining Oil and...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:27th Sep 2019, 11:00 am