Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
We’re looking for brilliant Software Engineering interns who are passionate about solving some of the most difficult technical challenges the industry faces today. We’re looking for interns who are not only adept at abstract problem solving and who want to get in the trenches with fellow developer interns in one of the most fun, all-in, high-velocity environments you’ll ever experience.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Previous industry software development experience and a passion for technology.
- Motivation to form your own teams, dig into the code, pair program as needed, collaborate and present your features and proposals to real stakeholders.
- Team-oriented mindset and collaborative approach to delivering solutions. You’re also energetic, results and delivery oriented, and have a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Familiarity in object-oriented programming languages, such as Java & C++; experience with iOS &/or Android.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We value innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing
- Appian has a large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers and leaders to have a sense of community and accomplishment
- During your first few weeks of joining Appian, you will not only kick-off your experience with our Intern Orientation Program, but you will also dive into Engineering bootcamp packed with cutting-edge tools and technologies you’ll leverage every day.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem solving skills
Applicants considered for Summer 2022 - 2023
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:10th Jun 2022, 12:59 pm