APRA has uplifted the 2022 Graduate Program, looking for Sydney Based STEM/data/Finance focused Graduates!
We are excited to announce that APRA has uplifted the number of positions for the 2022 Graduate Program, and applications are now open, as we look for a few more fantastic graduates to join next years program.
The additional roles will be based in our Sydney office. APRA is keen to attract graduates from a STEM, Economics, Econometrics, Commerce, Finance or Data Analytics background.
We are Australia's prudential regulator – banks, insurance companies and most superannuation funds operate under our supervision.
We are looking for graduates to build on a range of skills, developing into frontline supervisors across banking, insurance and superannuation, statistics/mathematic gurus and risk specialists in areas such as credit, operational, market and liquidity risk, help deliver our mission. Find out more about the Divisions of APRA.
The APRA Graduate Program is one of the most in-depth and diverse in the financial services industry.
Our Graduate Program runs for 18 months. During this time, you will complete three six-month rotations, across our frontline supervision, policy and advice and data analytics divisions, giving you the opportunity to build the core foundations of prudential regulation. These foundations will help jump start your career as a finance professional. As a graduate, you will have a broad work remit with a lot of variety in your daily role, including accountability in the delivery of projects.
During your Graduate Program, you will be supported by an in-depth learning and development program that will encourage you to grow your technical and personal capabilities. Working for APRA enables you to feel you are giving back to the Australian community whilst working in the financial sector.
At the end of your Graduate Program, you will remain an employee of APRA and have the opportunity to drive your career in any of APRA's core functions, including specialist areas.
We have APRA offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, however, these graduate roles will initially be based in our Sydney office, with the possibility to relocate to one of our other offices after the completion of the Graduate Program.
You can watch a series of videos featuring past graduates who share their experience being involved in the APRA Graduate Program.
Professional Development and Support
Professional development is an integral part of ensuring we maintain our excellence as a regulator.
Graduates join APRA with a structured two-week induction program, where you will have the opportunity to meet a number of senior APRA employees, including the Chairman!
Throughout your program, there will be numerous touchpoints with a dedicated professional development specialist. To complement your graduate training, we connect you with an Industry Manager. Your Industry Manager will help you to take a deeper dive into the industry you are linked with. Together you will help design and personalise your learning journey at APRA.
All APRA employees have access to an extensive range of in-house training programs which have been designed to ensure you develop the skills and knowledge required for your role. The training programs are offered online or as classroom-based workshops and comprise a range of technical, workplace health and safety, leadership, personal effectiveness skills and applications training.
With so much to learn, the program supports you further by connecting you to the following people;
- A buddy – who is a graduate from the year before, and is fresh with understanding the challenges and rewards of being an APRA Graduate.
- An Industry Manager – who is experienced and is a mix of mentor and industry trainer. The Industry Manager is your constant point of contact over the 18-month program.
- A Rotational Manager – Your Managers all receive specialist training on managing a graduate and are there to give you your day to day tasks and plan out what you can achieve together over the 6-month rotation. You will have 3
Rotational Mangers throughout the Graduate Program.
- People & Culture – There are two dedicated specialists across People & Culture to support you and your support network. One that will specialise in training and development and the other that will help guide you through each rotation.
- Executive Sponsor – We have two Executive Directors who are passionate about APRA's graduate program and will be an advocate for you throughout your graduate journey.
Inclusion & Diversity
For APRA, diversity refers to the combination of visible and invisible differences that make us who we are. This includes, but is not limited to, our gender, ethnicity and race, age, sexual orientation, and visible and unseen disabilities.
Inclusion is the key influence behind APRA's Inclusion and Diversity statement. We aspire to instil inclusion in all our employees and the people we work with.
APRA invests in a robust Inclusion and Diversity strategy and works with the following streams to help achieve this. All employees, including Graduates, can get involved with Inclusion and Diversity initiatives:
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
- Accessibility (RISE)
- Gender (ASPIRE)
- Gen X Plus
Wellbeing at APRA
Here at APRA, we're committed to providing you with a range of health, wellbeing and family support. We recognise a number of elements that go into achieving wellbeing and support to our employees by offering the following;
- Physical Health – health assessments, flu jabs, first aid and injury/illness management and sponsorship of various APRA sporting teams.
- Mental Health – Wellbeing ambassadors, employee assistance program for you and your immediate family, along with wellbeing initiatives that run throughout the year.
- Family-friendly – Parental/carer coaching and family support programs.
- Working from home – Resources to help support you working from home.
- Packages and benefits
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including working in a flexible, inclusive and diverse environment.
Our 2022 Graduate salary is $80,000 inclusive of superannuation.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm