Diversity and Inclusion
Ashurst is proud of its commitment to building a diverse and inclusive workplace culture. Through our diversity and inclusion strategy we aim:
- to embed a culture of transparency and openness with a commitment to reporting on progress and raising awareness of unconscious bias;
- for each employee to feel judged solely on their ability with equal opportunity to reach their potential; and
- for each partner to understand the role of diversity and inclusion in business and be accountable for proactive approach to engaging with key issues.
The strategy is implemented through detailed action plans. Our Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group, comprising ten partners and the D&I team, advises on and oversees implementation of this strategy and focusses on four principal strands of diversity - Gender, LGBTI, Multiculturalism and Disability & Resilience.
The firm's vision - to be the best advisor for our clients and to offer our people an exceptional place to work - depends on, and is underpinned by, achieving a diverse and inclusive organisation.
The firm employs over 40 different nationalities and acknowledge the importance of understanding colleagues different ethnic backgrounds, culture and faiths.
'All at Ashurst' is the our multiculturalism network which holds events regularly in London, Singapore and across Australia. Its remit is to:
- help promote awareness and understanding of ethnicity, religion, faith and cultures at the firm;
- assist in the recruitment, development and retention of high quality BME candidates/staff; and
- develop connections internally and externally with the community and our clients.
The network organises a variety of events from the celebration of Nowruz (Persian spring festival), to Chinese New Year, Ramadan, and Australia Day.