Our LGBTI network, Spectrum, was launched in 2015 and supports the LGBTI population of the firm. It was established to raise awareness of issues relating to and affecting our staff members and the wider LGBTI community. Ashurst works with a range of LGBTI organisations such as Pride in Diversity (Australia) to help embed a more accepting and inclusive work culture. Ashurst's Spectrum network were nominated as 'Employee Network of the year' at the 2018 Australian LGBTI Awards.
Spectrum's remit is to:
- advise management and the Ashurst committee on issues which may affect the LGBTI population;
- provide a safe forum for discussion and debate of relevant issues;
- facilitate business development with LGBTI clients;
- provide a link with external LGBTI organisations such as Pride in Diversity, Wear it Purple and other support or networking groups;
- work with Graduate Recruitment on targeted recruitment initiatives; and
- foster a sense of LGBTI inclusiveness through informal social events and organised events with other internal or external networks.
Spectrum provides our Australian staff with a forum to discuss ideas, policies and events to help further develop the network. Formal events, talks and participation are open to all.