- Support major technology projects that will transform our business
- Strong experience in documenting data mapping artefacts and data interfaces (including transformation logic) will be highly regarded
- $111,020 – $128,419 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Temporary role (with view of extension), can be located in Sydney or Melbourne
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to schallenging the way things are done.
We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
As a Data Business Analyst, you will be required to:
- Working closely with business stakeholders to provide consulting & document business requirements for data, analytics & reporting
- Working closely with Business Analysts and Architects, and wider project team members to analyse data required to be moved been ASIC systems and to establish operational data stores to support business intelligence and analytics
- Design and document the data mapping artefacts, data interfaces (including transformation logic) between ASIC systems
- Ensure data access, integration, integrity and security requirements for the project are met
- Assist in the planning, coordination, execution and testing of data migration/load activities
- Support System and Integration Testing as well as User Acceptance Testing as required during test planning and execution
- Liaising with customer facing groups as needed to understand client and customer needs in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ensuring that the IT solution will satisfy the business needs in a cost effective, resilient and operable fashion
- Ensuring solutions do not impose security risk to the Business
- Solid experience in an IT data and/or business data analyst position working on data analytics & reporting
- Proven ability in working with large amounts of complex business data
- Proven experience working as an IT data &/or busines data analyst in a project team, in a dynamic project/program environment
- A relevant tertiary qualification in information technology, from a recognised educational/accredited institution is desirable and/ or equivalent substantial relevant work experience
- Knowledge and skill-sets in developing source to target data mapping rules and data contracts, and implementing and testing these rules in solutions along with data reconciliation rules and exception handling processes
- Knowledge and skills sets associated with data analysis, data modelling, data profiling, cleansing and data migration activities is essential
- Ability to convert the Hight Level Business requirements into User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and proven knowledge in working in Agile Methodology
- Have a proven understanding of Report design and story telling through a Data Analytics tool such as ‘Qlik Sense’
- Ability to understand technical environment & write SQL queries and also a good understanding of SSRS, SSIS and MS SQL Server Studio as a whole
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC’s vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people’s money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC’s Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.
- Job type:Alumni Jobs
Data Science and Analytics, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:30th Jul 2021, 12:59 pm