- Be an IT Thought Leader and help define major technology projects that will transform our business
- Solid communication skills and experience in a similar role will be highly regarded
- $148,404 - $166,954 + 15.4% superannuation,
- Permanent role located in Sydney
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology evolution in a number of areas such as Digitisation, Cloud, Data and Analytics. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
As an IT Enterprise Architect, you will be required to:
- Develop and enable business capabilities through the use of Cloud Computing, DevSecOps and data analytics
- Provide thought leadership and advise on risks and compliance to ASIC stakeholders on new and existing capabilities
- Take responsibility for Design and Architecture and adherence to ASIC wide Vision and develop into Enterprise Architecture standards and blueprints.
- Lead teams (designers, other architects, and developers) towards achieving whole of ASIC and IT outcomes
- Develop and enhance a comprehensive enterprise architecture that underpins and enables the strategic of ASIC’s business and supporting technology
- Maintain comprehensive enterprise architecture documentation that reflects the IT environment
- Contributing to the development and upkeep of the IT Strategic plan and Technology Roadmaps
- Contributing to funding proposals for new initiatives
- Maintain oversight of the implementation of the Enterprise Architecture, ensuring there is alignment with project solutions / technology.
- Participate in design walkthroughs, Technical Design Authority and Architecture Review Board
- Provide strategic advice to resolve critical gaps identified in the IT environment
- Ensure that the IT Architecture will satisfy the business needs in a cost effective, resilient, and operable fashion
- Collaborate and consult with Business and IT teams at ASIC both at the Senior Executive and delivery levels and in between.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in one or more IM&T related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in an IT Architecture and an Enterprise Architecture role
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary architectures and platforms including relative strengths and weaknesses
- Extensive experience in producing solution designs and associated functional specifications
- Extensive experience in Cloud technologies (M365, AWS, Azure)
- Proven experience in one or more of the following: CRM, case management, workflow, portals, digitization, data & Analytics)
- Proven ability to consider different architectural options and assess technology to grow business capability and to solve Business and IT issues.
- Experience in at least 2 of the architecture domains (business, information, application, technical)
- Proven experience in and understanding of the underlying technologies of ASIC's Primary Technology Platforms: Microsoft .NET, MS CRM Dynamics, MS SharePoint, MS SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), M365, Azure, AWS, Data Lakes, Databricks.
- An ability to quickly develop a detailed knowledge of ASIC’s application, infrastructure, and test environment.
- Awareness of legacy ASIC technology platforms: Adabas / Natural Mainframe, Lotus Notes, Siebel, Java, Oracle fusion middleware, Oracle Service Bus
- Experience in developing and executing multi-cloud strategy (M365, Azure and AWS)
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methods and approaches
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC’s vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people’s money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC’s Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.
- Job type:Alumni Jobs
Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:30th Jul 2021, 12:59 pm