- Play a key role in IT Governance including IT Risk Management in our organisation
- Ability to effectively present complex information to project and executive level audiences highly regarded
- Permanent role, Sydney location
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as data and analytics, cloud, mobility, application modernisation. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
As an IT Governance & Assurance Specialist, you will be required to:
- Maintain ASIC’s Project Management Methodology (PRINCE2) and SDLC
- Manage currency of IT Operational Risks and internal/external Audit and Assessment Actions; tracking audit and risk actions; planning programs of work; undertake risk control testing and identify actions for improvement
- Schedule, plan, report and track auditors and reviewers such as ANAO, Internal Audit third parties, Gateway reviewers and DTA officers and act as IT’s contact for these audit reviews
- Report to IT Conformance Board; IT Executive Council; Executive Risk Committee and Audit Committee as required
- Report on the status of compliance actions and controls for ASIC’s IT Cyber Security posture; and pro-actively identify improvements and efficiencies in this area.
- A tertiary qualification in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively present complex information to project and executive level audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management and liaison skills.
- A commitment to customer service excellence and professional representation combined with proven ability to communicate and accept responsibilities.
- Understanding of IT project management methodologies.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC’s vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people’s money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work.
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC’s Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply now’ to start your application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:13th Jul 2021, 2:30 pm