A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud.
The Digital Applications team deliver and support a wide range of digital services to internal and external stakeholders. We make use of the latest technology, focusing on developing digital portals and applications that will provide the best user experience to our stakeholder groups, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be required to:
· Developing, deploying and maintaining web applications and integration services to support enhancements and projects
· Develop and maintain technical best-practices, technical governance and documentation
· Provide production support and ensure systems and data are available to the business within SLA
· Proactively solve business issues and manage expectations
· A tertiary qualification in IT or other relevant degree
· A passion for programming and software development
· Any exposure to below technologies would be advantageous:
o Microsoft .NET stack, such as C#, MVC and WebAPI
o Cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
o Enterprise integration platforms (e.g. MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, Software AG)
o Web services and API (REST, XML/JSON, SOAP, XSLT)
o Databases (MSSQL, MongoDB)
o Agile methodology and agile development, including the use of agile management tools such as TFS, GIT, JIRA
o CICD/DevOps, continuous integration and automated unit testing
· Can-do attitude and eager to develop technical and non-technical skills
· Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC’s vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people’s money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC’s Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.
- Job type:Alumni Jobs
Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Jul 2021 (approx)
- Closing Date:29th Jul 2021, 12:59 pm