The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is currently seeking dedicated, tech-savvy Australians across a mixture of fields for the Technologist Graduate Program. This is an opportunity to start a technical career with enduring purpose at one of Australia's most trusted and unique workplaces.
The ideal candidate
While we're looking for attitude as much as aptitude, to apply you'll need to have completed – or be in the final year of – a degree of technical relevance, such as (but not limited to):
- Software engineering
- Containerisation and cloud architecture
- Data management
- Program and portfolio management.
ASIO provides a number of benefits to its staff including:
- A competitive salary, including a 7.5 per cent allowance for maintaining a Positive Vetting security clearance;
- Employer superannuation contributions of 15.4 per cent;
- A variety of leave options, including four weeks annual leave;
- Flexible working/hours arrangements to assist you to maintain your work-life balance. We adopt an "if not, why not" approach to working flexibly. (Please note: due to our unique working environment, working from home may not be available);
- Six staff-led diversity and inclusion networks
- Study assistance, including financial support and study leave for tertiary education; and
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
ASIO provides advice to the Australian Government to protect Australia, its people and its interests in today's complex and changing world. To be successful in this mission, we need talented people who are highly capable, dedicated, adaptable and resilient. Our people are our most important asset, they are ordinary Australians but they do extraordinary things. The only difference is, we don't tell you where we work or what we do.
To be eligible for the role, you must be:
- An Australian citizen;
- Assessed as suitable to hold and maintain a Positive Vetting security clearance;
- Have completed, or be in the final year of a degree of technical relevance.
ASIO is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, where all staff are valued and respected. We welcome and value applications from all eligible candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious affiliation, age or disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please advise us if you require any additional assistance in order to fully participate in the recruitment process or the workplace.
All positions are Canberra based.
For more information about your career at ASIO, please visit www.asio.gov.au/tgp
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:29th Mar 2021, 12:59 pm