OUR COMPANY: The Asset Finance Shop is an industry leader in commercial asset finance. We are based in Bondi Junction, Sydney, beside Bondi Junction train station. Our company specialise in financing new and used commercial vehicles, yellow goods, and business equipment for the construction, farming, forestry, quarry and mining, heavy haulage, and transportation industries.
We have an exciting opportunity for finance graduates as AFS is seeking a self-motivated individual to explore their future career path in finance; Someone who is eager to learn, work hard and gain a foothold in the exciting world of Commercial Asset Finance.
Ideally, we are looking for:
A born leader
Someone who loves to win and has fun doing it.
Our company is fast-growing, with highly experienced management and provides excellent training from a variety of diverse industry professionals. Offering generous commission structures, and a progressive company culture that is reflective of the world we live in.
· You will be working as a Junior Commercial Asset Finance Consultant, learning the ropes of assisting clients in obtaining much needed commercial assets for their businesses; you will be working closely with our Senior Commercial Finance consultant who will train and supervise you.
· Essentially you will make a difference to people's lives helping them to obtain assets such as trucks, trailers, excavators, bobcats etc either for them to start off their career as a self-employed operator or expand their current business.
· Working strictly on a Business to Business basis you will be immersed in a wide variety of scenarios engaging with (vendor, dealer, auction house, insurance brokers, credit departments, settlements teams, accountants, and lender BDM.)
· Keep up to date with lender guidelines, procedures, products, and sale techniques
· Communicating effectively with customers in a timely manner via telephone and email to guide customers through the loan process, compare and recommend suitable loan terms which will meet the client’s financial needs
· Completing quality checks on new applications; analysing and evaluation of company financials, reviewing bank statements and understanding credit scoring to ensure minimum requirements are met
· Reviewing and preparing applications to meet credit and lender requirements
· Collating all legal forms and contracts from initial enquiry through to settlement · Providing exceptional client services throughout to post-settlement
· Completing and maintaining database with support of general administrative tasks as required
· Contacting and building opportunities with qualified dealerships, referral leads and outbound calls by phone, SMS, and email with a goal of processing a successful online application
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US:
· Working as an intermediary amongst financial institutions
· Opportunity to apply your finance knowledge to a real workplace
· Build your professional business network · You will develop your sale, communication, time management, problem-solving skills, and confidence
· We offer one on one training so you can learn at your pace
· Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
· We provide a fun and professional atmosphere with challenges and attractive rewards to our interns
· You will get a reference letter after successful completion of the work experience
· Potential full-time job offers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· A fresh graduate who has a genuine interest in financial services
· College diploma is required, a background in Business or Finance is preferred
· Highly motivated candidate, no finance experience is required as ground-up training will be provided
· High level of accountability and motivation
· You will need strong sales and negotiation skills, including exceptional communication and people skills as you build relationships and advise on various loan options
· Strong organisation skills, and can effectively manage competing priorities
Internship features: 3-month unpaid internship – with job placement afterwards
Must commit to work a minimum 5 days a week 9:30 am to 4:30 pm for 6-12 weeks.
Performance appraisals, reference letter and certificate of work experience
Compliance with Fair Work Australia’s guidelines
Location: Bondi Junction, Sydney, NSW
Work Eligibility: Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)
To commence your new career in Asset Finance today, send us an email with your resume and a brief description to why you would be fitted for this internship at [email protected]
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- 148 Edgecliff Rd, Woollahra NSW 2025Locations:
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2020, 12:59 pm