Our Graduate Program is hands-on. You will interact with real clients and key stakeholders to help achieve the Australian Government's policy, program and legal objectives. You will have exposure to and experience a range of challenging and exciting opportunities to develop your career.
In 12 months, you can:
- gain diverse experience through a number of rotations
- explore potential career paths
- learn from mentors
- build valuable networks with previous graduates, supervisors and senior leaders
- contribute to our workplace culture by managing fundraising activities, cultural activities and social events
- develop new skills and knowledge through an engaging orientation program and extensive development program
- access further studies, including the opportunity to complete your practical legal training leading to your admission
- work on a variety of interesting and important policy issues, program delivery and legal matters, often in unique and precedent-setting work of importance to Australia.
Our flexible work environment allows you to balance your work and personal responsibilities. We promote a healthy work-life balance, have generous employment conditions and offer a competitive salary. Our workplace embraces technology to support flexible working arrangements.
On successful completion of the program you will be offered a permanent placement with the department