- Challenging work that ensures government is transparent and accountable
- Competitive salary and strong career progression opportunities
- Exceptional work-life balance and study support
Want a career that matters?
As a graduate with us, you’ll play an important role in holding government accountable.
We specialise in financial and performance audits across the entire NSW public service including NSW Treasury, City of Sydney Council, Taronga Park Zoo, Transport for NSW, the University of Sydney, the Art Gallery of New South Wales and the NSW Police Force.
Collectively, the NSW public sector manages over $550 billion in assets and we are proud of how our work promotes the effective use of public resources and the continuous improvement of government services. The work you will do is important and it is a critical part of ensuring a transparent and accountable government.
As part of our graduate program, you will also mentored by experts and supported to pursue qualifications and memberships with Australia’s professional accounting bodies. We have developed a reputation for producing talented and high-performing audit professionals, and providing a balanced workplace that fosters collaboration and lifelong learning.
What we offer
In addition to a career that matters, we offer other great benefits including:
- a competitive starting salary with opportunities for promotion and pay increases
- generous study support to help you gain professional qualifications
- a modern office with state-of-the-art technology
- an exceptional people culture that values diversity
- comprehensive training including a formal two-week induction program, professional skill development and half-yearly methodology training
- on average you’ll work a 35 hour week, with compensation for extra hours put in during the busy times of the year
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking graduates with accounting degrees recognised by CAANZ, CPA Australia or IPA. We care about academic results but equally important is an inquiring mind, an adaptive mindset, leadership qualities and motivation.
In this role you’ll need integrity, maturity, resilience, tenacity, well developed oral and written communication skills, ability to work successfully in a team environment and a keen interest in auditing and the public sector.
How to apply
Applications are NOW open to permanent residents of Australia and those with an Australian or New Zealand citizenship.
Applications close midnight Sunday 2 May 2021.
Your application should include the following attachments – a brief covering letter, resume and academic results.
The Audit Office of New South Wales values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse groups and those with a disability.
If you have any questions please email: [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:2nd May 2021, 1:59 pm