Audit Office of New South Wales (AONSW) 2023 Graduate Program - Graduate Auditor
- Challenging work that ensures government is transparent and accountable
- Competitive salary and strong career progression opportunities
- Exceptional work-life balance and study support
Are you looking to excel in a career where you can make a difference?
Do you want exposure to every type of industry in New South Wales?
The Audit Office of New South Wales is recognised as a centre of excellence within the professional services sector. For almost 200 years, the Auditor-General has assisted the parliament of New South Wales to hold government to account for its use of public resources. We do this by conducting independent financial and performance audits across the entire NSW public service including NSW Treasury, City of Sydney Council, Taronga Park Zoo, Transport for NSW, the University of Sydney, the Art Gallery of New South Wales and the NSW Police Force.
We have a people-focussed culture that is supported by our values of integrity, curiosity and open-mindedness, speaking out when we need to, and ultimately taking pride in the important work we do.
Our graduate program will provide you with a career that will challenge and reward you. Ultimately, you will grow into a connected and experienced audit professional who helps bring about positive outcomes for the people of New South Wales.
What we offer
In addition to a career that matters, we offer great benefits including:
- a competitive starting salary with opportunities for promotion and pay increases
- generous study support to help you gain professional qualifications
- a modern office with state-of-the-art technology
- flexible work arrangements that will help you balance your work-life
- an exceptional people culture that values diversity
- comprehensive training including a formal induction program, professional skill development and half-yearly methodology training
- working a 35-hour week on average, with compensation for extra hours put in during the busy times of the year.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking graduates with accounting degrees recognised by CAANZ, CPA Australia or IPA. We care about academic results but equally important is an inquiring mind, an adaptive mindset, leadership qualities and motivation.
In this role you’ll need integrity, maturity, resilience, tenacity, well developed oral and written communication skills, ability to work successfully in a team environment, and a keen interest in auditing and the public sector.
To apply for our Graduate Program, you'll need to have:
- completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the past three years (2020, 2021 or 2022) or be due to complete it before February 2023
- completed or be completing an accounting degree that meets the entry requirements for you to commence your studies with CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, or the Institute of Public Accountants program
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency (at the time of application).
The Audit Office of New South Wales is committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and those who interact with us. It is expected that the successful applicant for this role is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applications are NOW open. Applications close midnight, Tuesday 19 April 2022.
Click here to apply!
Your application must include the following attachments – a brief cover letter, resume and academic results.
The Audit Office of New South Wales values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups and those with a disability.
If you have any questions, please email: [email protected]
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:19th Apr 2022, 4:50 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.