Aurecon is a design, engineering and advisory company that brings ideas to life to create a better future for people and the planet. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers and dedicated doers who feel deeply passionate about co-creating solutions for a sustainable, liveable future.
We have internship opportunities available across Australia, especially in all core engineering disciplines, environmental, science, earth & natural sciences, and metallurgy.
Explore the links below to learn more about the career pathways at Aurecon and our different business units:
Perks of being an Aurecon intern
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating better outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we live and work. Get a chance to experience the following perks upon joining us:
- Paid internship – Yes, you read it right. You’ll get to collaborate and learn from our industry experts – and get paid too!
- Experience our diversity, equity, and inclusion culture – People are at the heart of everything we do, and we love our differences. We want everyone to feel they are heard, valued and connected.
- Flexibility - We’re big believers in flexible working as it boosts productivity, effectiveness and wellbeing. Chat to your manager about hybrid ways of working.
- Supportive network - Meet other interns and peers across other regions via social and networking events hosted by Aurecon’s network for emerging professionals called Limelight.
- Create your legacy – Work on projects that help create a better future for people and the planet. All your contributions will be valued as you help us bring ideas to life.
- No need to apply for our Graduate Programme – Once you become an intern, your performance during your internship will be reviewed and you’ll be one of the first candidates to be considered for any available grad roles within the team.
What can you expect as an Aurecon intern?
Over your university summer break, you’ll get the opportunity to collaborate and work with our diverse and inclusive teams, be immersed in real-life projects, and work out the career that’s right for you. Experience a series of activities tailored for students including onboarding and training sessions, social and networking events, Limelight events for professional and personal development, and learning courses and modules in Aurecon U and LinkedIn Learning
As an Aurecon intern, you’ll also get the chance to work with your fellow interns in the Innovation Challenge, which is an internal event that will test your creativity and problem-solving skills to help us prepare for the future.
Learn more about us
Aurecon is the only Australian company on the Fortune 2021 Change the World List. In 2020, we were named Australasia’s Most Innovative Company by the Australian Financial Review (AFR), and the only engineering firm in the Top 10 Best Places to Work 2021. We recently won the Engineers Australia Most Popular Engineering and Resources Employer award at the GradConnection Top 100 awards in 2022.
Hardwired in our DNA are engineering, design and the deep need to leave a legacy. We believe humanity depends on engineering; and we recognise we have a broader stewardship role to play. As we continually strive for a life in balance, Aurecon clients will be ready for the future and engineered for life.
How does the recruitment process work?
- Send in your resume, cover letter and academic transcript – include your work experience, education background, and extra-curricular activities that you’ve been a part of
- Online assessment and video – You’ll be invited to take an online assessment which will present you with real life Aurecon scenarios and requires a combination of written and video responses.
- Screening process – Our recruitment team will review each application and shortlist the selection of applicants for the next steps
- Interview and/or assessment centres – Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and/or an assessment centre (depending where you’re located)
- Offer of employment – Congrats! Successful applicants will receive a call from our recruiters to discuss everything you need to know about joining Aurecon.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Communications, Construction, Consulting,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Canberra, New South...
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm