Graduate Planner, Melbourne, Australia
Just imagine your future with us…
Aurecon is committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion - and we provide our people with flexible working opportunities.
We believe diverse teams enable us to solve our clients' and society's most complex problems in unconventional and distinctive ways. We offer flexible working as it enables all of our employees to balance work and life in way that works for them.
Aurecon is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, as awarded by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (Australia), and are a founding member of The Diversity Agenda in New Zealand. We also have a Reconciliation Action Plan and hold Silver Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI+ inclusion. Across our company, inclusive leadership is role modelled from the top and is an expectation of all.
Our flexible way of working includes our flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options. Aurecon also offers 14 weeks paid parental leave, three weeks paid partner leave, and other health services and benefits.
If this is how you would like to work you'd be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you. We welcome people of all identities from all background and with diverse accessibility needs. We're curious about your career path and how we can support you to be your best.
This is an exciting role for a Graduate Planning Consultant wanting to further develop their career and skills with our Melbourne team. You will be a key part of our growing Victorian Environment and Planning team who work on diverse projects across the transport, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Here are the key things you will do to 'bring ideas to life':
- Provide environmental planning advisory and consulting services to public and private sector clients
- Support in the delivery of multidisciplinary infrastructure projects, in particular identification of relevant planning and environmental opportunities and constraints through the concept, due diligence, feasibility and/or detailed design stages.
- Collaboratively working with other parts of Aurecon as necessary to leverage Aurecon's technical ability to deliver planning and environment advisory work.
- Assist to engage and navigate clients through complex technical and legislative requirements, innovation strategies, frameworks, and approval pathways.
- Exercise outstanding interpersonal skills to develop relationships with a wide range of clients and critical internal and external stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- A tertiary qualification in urban planning, environmental policy or similar.
- Graduate-level position with opportunity to enter the Aurecon graduate program in February 2022.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), problem solving, influencing and presentation skills to work on complex tasks across various sectors of the business while interacting with internal and external clients.
- An ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment coupled with strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- A self-motivated individual that enjoys working in a collaborative and delivery focused environment
- An interest in thinking outside the box and doing things unconventionally
We value the difference each team member brings and we look for people who value diverse experiences and who have a growth and learning mindset.
We've re-imagined engineering.
Aurecon is an international engineering, design and advisory company, but not as you know it!
Drawing on our deep pool of expertise, we co-create innovative solutions with our clients to some of the world's most complex challenges.
We listen deeply and intently, which helps us see opportunities, possibilities and potential others can't. Think engineering. Think again.
As an Aurecon graduate, you will work in a collaborative environment where you have the flexibility to pursue your passions, design your own pathway, and fast track your career.
As part of a diverse and inclusive team, you'll collaborate with others across geographies and markets, applying your skills to re-imagine engineering and design a better future.
You will also work alongside industry leading professionals, mentors and peers. If you would like to experience numerous areas of Aurecon's business, we can facilitate that too.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Skilled...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 12:00 am