Aurora Energy Research is a dynamic and fast-growing energy analytics company. We are contributing to the global energy transition by providing forecasts, data-driven analytics, and cutting-edge tools to inform critical decisions of major energy markets participants, investors and policy makers. Our subscription services provide regular data and intelligence on energy market dynamics to leading private and public-sector clients; our consulting team supports our clients’ long-term strategic and investment decisions and our software as a service team creates innovative online tools for customised analysis. We cover all key energy commodities, with particular focus on the power sector and low-carbon energy transformation.
Based in Sydney, Australia, you will contribute to the firm, by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating and supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme.
• Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
• Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
• Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
• Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirement
• Communicate findings to clients
• Excellent degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative field from a top university
• Top notch analytical ability, demonstrated, for example, through academic performance
• Ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex quantitative data and information
• Knowledge of one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, Java, etc.
• Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
• Master’s degree or PhD
• Technical excellence
• Knowledge of and interest in energy markets, and a belief that well-designed models significantly improve decision making
• Knowledge of statistical techniques and skill with statistical software
• Knowledge of an algebraic modelling language, such as GAMS (preferred) or AMPL
• Advanced knowledge of Excel including VBA
The successful candidates would start as soon as possible. Salary will be competitive.
Please be sure to include your CV, cover letter & academic transcript with your application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Consulting, Economics, Research and Development
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Bondi Junction, Sydney, 2022Locations:
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2021, 12:59 pm