Fixed Term Part Time
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic 2nd or 3rd year Nursing student to join our Nursing Team as a Aboriginal Nursing Cadet on a temporary part time basis - commencing in March. This role will function as a Registered Undergraduate Student of Nursing (RUSON) within our clinical nursing services.
- Undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing, currently in 2nd or 3rd year
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island background
- Ability to work two rotating shifts per week
- A commitment to Austin Health values:
- Our actions show we care
- We bring our best
- Together we achieve
- We shape the future
Desirable but not essential
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working with Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
Enquiries: Sirini Griffithes
Ph: (03) 9496 4750
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Job type:Cadetships
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm