Are you passionate about digital technologies? Work on things that matter with a digital or technical career in the Australian Government.
- Commence a full-time position in an Australian Government department or agency, with a generous salary range between $50,000-$80,000 a year
- Advance to a higher classification and salary at the successful completion of the 12-month program
- Undertake rotations in different work areas
- Access on-the-job and formal learning and development opportunities
About the role
The Australian Government Graduate Program (AGGP) Digital Stream, led by the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) and the Digital Profession, gives you an opportunity to excel in a digital or technical career after you’ve graduated from university. As a recent graduate, you’ll have an opportunity to further develop your skills while working.
The stream is for Australian citizens undertaking a university degree in a digital or technical field who are passionate about digital technologies, have a knack for problem solving and want to work on things that matter with a digital or technical career in the Australian Government.
A career within the Australian Public Service will give you valuable industry experience while working on projects that help everyone. From technical problem solving and analytics to digital design and development, you can find an opportunity to suit your level of skill and experience.
Government agencies have many different digital and technical roles. These roles support the core functions of each agency and are always changing. Past graduates have worked in the following areas:
- Cyber security
- Digital media
- User research
- Interactive media
- Software engineering
- Big data networking
- Systems analysis and design
- Web development
- Data analytics
- Systems testing
- Infrastructure support networking
- Applications development
Find your fit
Successful applicants will be matched with a suitable position in a participating Australian Government department or agency. In 2022, more than 60 agencies placed graduates from the Australian Government Graduate Program.
You’ll have the opportunity to nominate your preferred placement when you apply.
Who can apply
Eligible degrees for the program, including double and honours degrees, are listed here. If your degree is not listed but you believe you should be considered, please get in touch to discuss your options.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have or will have completed a Bachelor degree or higher by 31 December 2023
- Have completed your qualification between 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2023
- Be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted into the program
- Be willing to undergo any police, character, health or other checks required
How to apply
The selection process for this program typically includes:
- An online application, where you’ll upload your resume, academic transcript and proof of your Australian citizenship
- Online testing and/or video interview, which may involve problem solving, numerical reasoning, and behavioural or emotional testing
- Assessment centre, where you might participate in activities such as panel interviews, group presentations or written tasks
- Matching and offers, where successful applicants are matched with a suitable placement in an Australian Government department or agency
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Communications, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Design...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
60k - 80k plus 15.4% super
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:23rd Mar 2023, 4:17 am