Australian Government Graduate Program - HR Stream
Choose your own path with a career in HR. The Australian Government HR Stream offers a unique opportunity for HR graduates to launch their career in government.
- Commence a full-time position in an Australian Government department or agency, with a generous salary range between $50,000-$80,000 a year
- Advance to a higher classification and salary at the successful completion of the 12-month program
- Undertake rotations in different work areas
- Access on-the-job and formal learning and development opportunities
About the role
The HR Stream offers the opportunity for HR graduates to launch their career in government. Apply once to be considered for roles in a wide variety of government departments and agencies.
HR graduates can work in a variety of roles in our partner agencies including but not limited to:
- Learning and Development
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Diversity and Inclusion
- HR Policy
- Industrial Relations
- Business Partnering
HR experts across the APS have designed and support our program with your career in mind. In our program, you will get hands-on experience and develop your professional capabilities. You will attend events with senior leaders across the APS to expand your HR networks.
We are committed to ensuring the HR workforce reflects the diversity of the Australian community. We are active in fostering a safe and inclusive environment that values differences and enables everyone to perform their best.
If you want to launch your HR career and make a difference to the Australian community, apply now!
Find your fit
Successful applicants will be matched with a suitable position in a participating Australian Government department or agency. In 2022, more than 60 agencies placed graduates from the Australian Government Graduate Program.
You’ll have the opportunity to nominate your preferred placement when you apply.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the HR Stream, you must have completed a major in HR. Degree areas may include:
- Human Resources
- Psychological science
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have or will have completed a Bachelor degree or higher by 31 December 2023
- Have completed your qualification between 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2023
- Be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted into the program
- Be willing to undergo any police, character, health or other checks required
How to apply
The selection process for this program typically includes:
- An online application, where you’ll upload your resume, academic transcript and proof of your Australian citizenship
- Online testing and/or video interview, which may involve problem solving, numerical reasoning, and behavioural or emotional testing
- Assessment centre, where you might participate in activities such as panel interviews, group presentations or written tasks
- Matching and offers, where successful applicants are matched with a suitable placement in an Australian Government department or agency
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Administration, Business and Commerce, Consulting, Human...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
60k - 80k plus 15.4% super
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:17th Apr 2023, 6:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.