Australian Government Graduate Program - Indigenous Graduate Pathway
The IGP provides entry into a number of participating Australian Government agencies who are seeking a diverse range of skills and abilities. Just apply once through the IGP application process and that one application is assessed for all participating agencies. There is no need to complete multiple applications for multiple agencies.
Graduates in the Australian Government will get hands-on experience along with formal development opportunities tailored to build their skills. This will give graduates a professional advantage in the increasingly competitive workforce, wherever their career may take them.
Typically, graduates undertake a structured program which is comprised of:
- Work rotations designed to expose graduates to business areas across the agency
- Opportunities to undertake a diverse range of real work
- On the job and formal training to help graduates establish their professional grounding
- Opportunities to build professional networks
- 12-24 months program duration depending on hiring agency
- Positions located across all states and territories of Australia
- Salary and location is dependent on hiring agency
Find your fit
Successful applicants will be matched with a suitable position in a participating Australian Government department or agency. In 2022, more than 60 agencies placed graduates from the Australian Government Graduate Program.
You’ll have the opportunity to nominate your preferred placement when you apply.
Who can apply
This program is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have completed an undergraduate degree or higher. All degree types are encouraged to apply. The application process will help graduates find career opportunities based on their interests and studies and begin a career with confidence and support.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- Have or will have completed a Bachelor degree or higher by 31 December 2023
- Have completed your qualification between 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2023
- Be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted into the program
- Be willing to undergo any police, character, health or other checks required
How to apply
The selection process for this program typically includes:
- An online application, where you’ll upload your resume, academic transcript and proof of your Australian citizenship
- Online testing and/or video interview, which may involve problem solving, numerical reasoning, and behavioural or emotional testing
- Assessment centre, where you might participate in activities such as panel interviews, group presentations or written tasks
- Matching and offers, where successful applicants are matched with a suitable placement in an Australian Government department or agency
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Arts and...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
60k - 80k plus 15.4% super
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:7th May 2023, 1:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.