Do you want to apply your studies in STEM to develop and deliver Australian Government policy and services? The Australian Government is looking for graduates with qualifications in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Commence a full-time position in an Australian Government department or agency, with a generous salary range between $50,000-$80,000 a year
- Advance to a higher classification and salary at the successful completion of the 12-month program
- Undertake rotations in different work areas
- Access on-the-job and formal learning and development opportunities
About the role
The Australian Government Graduate Program (AGGP) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Stream offers you a unique opportunity to launch your career with the Australian Government and work across multiple STEM fields.
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic who are keen to work as part of a team to assist in shaping an Australian Government that meets the needs of all Australians.
We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and better outcomes for Australia.
Each participating agency co-ordinates their own graduate program, with its own work priorities and employee benefits. However, generally, the graduate program will consist of:
- Two/three work rotations to experience diverse roles and responsibilities across an APS department
- 12-month training and development program with targeted learning and development opportunities
- Development activities, formal training, on-the-job learning and networking
- APS and agency networking events
- Career coaching and competitive salary
- SES exposure and graduate networking events
As a STEM graduate within the APS you will be invited to several exclusive STEM focused events and networking opportunities throughout the year.
Find your fit
Successful applicants will be matched with a suitable position in a participating Australian Government department or agency. In 2022, more than 60 agencies placed graduates from the Australian Government Graduate Program.
You’ll have the opportunity to nominate your preferred placement when you apply.
Who can apply
We are seeking applications from anyone who has completed a minimum 3-year undergraduate degree within the last 5 years in a STEM field.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have or will have completed a Bachelor degree or higher by 31 December 2023
- Have completed your qualification between 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2023
- Be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted into the program
- Be willing to undergo any police, character, health or other checks required
How to apply
The selection process for this program typically includes:
- An online application, where you’ll upload your resume, academic transcript and proof of your Australian citizenship
- Online testing and/or video interview, which may involve problem solving, numerical reasoning, and behavioural or emotional testing
- Assessment centre, where you might participate in activities such as panel interviews, group presentations or written tasks
- Matching and offers, where successful applicants are matched with a suitable placement in an Australian Government department or agency
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Communications, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
60k - 80k plus 15.4% super
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:23rd Mar 2023, 4:17 am