As an Economist Graduate you will contribute to informing decisions on a range of government policy issues such as functioning of markets eg financial market, digital and competition policy, taxation, fiscal policy, macro-economic issues and internal economic issues including Australia’s participation in global economic forums.
To be considered for the Economist stream you will have an Economics degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) or a Major in Economics as part of your degree which could be from a range of disciplines such as law, business, finance, public policy, political science or mathematics. You will also have highly developed written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving capability, ability to work effectively with others and be able to demonstrate influence, initiative, honesty, fairness and respect. Skills in analysing and interpreting data are highly desirable.
To apply for the Economist Graduate Stream, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be an Australian citizen by the end of the calendar year in which you apply, eg. become an Australian citizen by December 2022.
- You need to have completed an Australian-recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree by the end of the calendar year in which you apply (2021).
- The minimum requirement is a bachelor degree and you must have an Economics degree or a Major in Economics as part of your degree.
- Your most recent qualifying degree must be no more than five years old on the date you lodge your application.
- You will need a credit average, or higher, to ensure that you are competitive in the selection process.
- You must be willing and able to relocate to Canberra (or other state based locations specified by participating agencies) for the duration of the graduate program.
- You must be willing to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance prior to your commencement.
Successful graduates will be placed in a merit pool that will be considered by participating APS departments and Commonwealth entities for their graduate program. Please note: Departments and Agencies will offer different employment conditions and Graduate Program features. Further details will be provided as you progress through the selection process.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:26th Apr 2021, 1:30 pm