Through the Indigenous Graduate Pathway, graduate positions are available across many Australian Public Service and Commonwealth agencies.
As a graduate employee you will get hands-on experience along with formal development opportunities tailored to build your personal and professional skills. We are passionate about supporting to you reach your potential and will work with you to achieve you career aspirations. Graduates undertake a structured program over 12 to 24 months, and while the large majority of positions are located in Canberra, there are also a number of positions available in State capitals and regional centres. Should you accept an interstate offer of employment, Agencies may also provide assistance to help you move.
Who you will be employed by
At the end of your recruitment journey, successful candidates will commence with their employing agency. You will get plenty of opportunities throughout the recruitment process to meet with agencies and find out more about what they can offer. You can find an updated list of our employing agencies on the Indigenous Careers Portal.
When you start, you will be part of a number of important networks - not only through the Indigenous Graduate Pathway, but your agency’s Graduate Program and beyond.
Our ideal candidate
We are seeking graduates from ALL degrees and disciplines who are motivated to further their careers while contributing to the Australian community. We want your deadly ideas, fresh thinking, energy and perspectives.
For all roles, you will need to have demonstrated capabilities in the following areas:
- working with others
- conceptual and analytical thinking
- aspiration and engagement
- communication, both written and verbal
To be eligible for a position under the Indigenous Graduate Pathway, the following eligibility requirements need to be met.
Candidates must be:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander: As per subsection 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975, these positions are restricted to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Confirmation of Heritage information is listed later in this document.
- A university graduate: You must have completed, at minimum, a three-year undergraduate degree at AQF level 7 or above between January 2017 and January 2022. Certificates, diplomas or any other non-tertiary courses of study are not eligible.
- An Australian Citizen: You must be an Australian Citizen. Current Permanent Residents who will be an Australian Citizen at the time of the commencing graduate program in early 2022 are eligible to apply.
You will be required to provide documented evidence in your application to show you meet each of these criteria.
Further information on the Indigenous Graduate Pathway can be found at https://www.indigenouscareers.gov.au/recruitment-pathways/indigenous-graduate-pathway or through the application link.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Canberra, Regional ACT,...
- Closing Date:23rd Apr 2021, 1:30 pm