About our Graduate Development Program
The Graduate Development Program (GDP) at the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (the department) is a great way to start your career, not only in the Australian Public Service (APS) but in a department that values a strong culture of inclusion, diversity, respect and embraces the unique skills and qualities of our employees. Our program is based in Canberra and will commence early February 2022.
We accept all disciplines of study and have numerous opportunities available to use your skills, knowledge and experience.
We value people who have strong communication, teamwork, research and analysis skills, who are adaptable and show initiative and judgment. Prior work experience including volunteering, internships or community engagement are all a bonus!
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Stream
This is the second year the department is leading the graduate recruitment for STEM qualified graduates for the Australian Government. By applying for the STEM Stream, you are not only applying for a role as a graduate at the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, but you will also be considered for graduate STEM positions in other Australian Public Service (APS) agencies.
To be eligible for the STEM stream, the department is looking for graduates with a Major in:
- Engineering, and/or
Graduates in this stream will have the opportunity to work in one of many APS departments and agencies, including:
- Australians Communication and Media Authority
- Australian Fisheries Management Authority
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- Safe Work Australia
- The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- National Indigenous Australians Agency
Additionally, some of the work STEM graduates may be able to experience include:
- Women in STEM
- international and national space negotiations and agreements
- earth observations
- neuromorphic engineering
- chemical and biological analysis
- electro technology
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Architecture, Aviation, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:12th Apr 2021, 1:30 pm