2022 Graduate Position
AOFM is looking to engage one or more graduates to start in early 2022. Graduates work with senior staff and gain experience in wholesale financial markets involving aspects of risk, portfolio management, reporting, and sovereign debt management. Work at this level involves executing transactions, conducting research and undertaking projects on financial and debt management issues.
The AOFM is a small agency where your contribution will be valued and rewarded. The AOFM provides generous assistance for work-related study and professional development.
- Position Title: Graduate
- Position No: GRAD2022
- Tenure: Ongoing, Full-time
- Salary: $79,943 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
- APS Classification: APS 5
- AOFM Band: AOFM 2
- Location: Canberra, ACT
- Contact Officer: Tim Reddan on 02 6263 1177
- Closing Date: Monday, 28 June 2021 at 5:00pm AEST
- Reports To: Various
- Direct Reports: Nil
- Security Level: Baseline
- Requirement: You must be an Australian citizen
- Qualifications: Degree qualification in accounting, finance, business, economics, applied mathematics, commerce or a related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution. Postgraduate qualifications would be highly regarded.
- Experience: Experience in developing or using spreadsheets, databases or other financial management tools is desirable.
The AOFM is committed to excellence in sovereign financial management and recruitment of high-quality graduates is necessary to support this commitment. Graduate recruits support the ongoing renewal of the AOFM. Whilst working in the AOFM business, graduates will participate in an eighteen-month tailored development program that will include on-the-job and structured training along with networking opportunities. Formal performance assessment each six months provides opportunities for pay progression. Graduates will integrate into AOFM business at the end of the development program.
Graduates may determine their work priorities subject to guidance by their manager and monitor workflow in their areas of responsibility.
Graduates perform tasks relevant to the assigned work group. Tasks will vary depending on work group but may include:
- execution of financial transactions for debt and investment management
- working with a data warehouse including systems testing, report design and production
- preparation of research or policy papers involving the evaluation of technical information for presentation to senior executives
- producing financial statements and reports
- assessing financial and operational risk
- review of portfolio performance
- work system improvements
Behavioural attributes are used to assess how you accomplish your outputs. In achieving results, graduates will show excellence in:
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Judgment and Problem Solving
- Leadership and Initiative
- Output Management
- Relationship Management
- Self Development
- Developing Others
Applications close: Monday, 28 June 2021 at 5:00pm AEST
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Data Science...
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:28th Jun 2021, 7:00 am