This is a small agency where you have the opportunity to make a difference to Australia. Each employee is valued for the positive contribution that they make to our operations.
What we offer
Pay and conditions
Our terms of employment are set out in the AOFM Enterprise Agreement 2015-2018.
Some of the benefits of working at AOFM include:
- a standard working week of 37.5 hours;
- 15.4% superannuation contributions;
- 4 weeks of recreation leave per year;
- 3 weeks of personal leave per year;
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave;
- 2 weeks paid parenting leave for spouses or partners; and
- we will cover reasonable relocation costs to Canberra.
Opportunity for growth
The AOFM is a small agency and this gives employees access to mentoring from experienced professionals as part of their day to day work. It also offers the potential for exposure to a broader experience than can be the case in a section of a large agency or Department. Learning from your colleagues, you will develop your knowledge of financial markets, portfolio management and risk management.
We are committed to the ongoing development of our employees. Where appropriate, we arrange for employees to attend conferences, courses, and industry forums. This includes tertiary study or professional qualifications relevant to your role. The AOFM recognises that staff training and development, including on-the-job opportunities, are key to maintaining a high performing work environment.