Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) is a major national organisation responsible for managing infrastructure maintenance, capital upgrades and the movement of trains on interstate railway track across South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
Significant growth within the current Port Botany Duplication and Cabramatta Loop Projects has resulted in the creation of a Graduate Engineer opportunity to contribute to the execution of safe, efficient and cost effective project delivery. This position provides future opportunities within the NSW Projects team of ARTC and is open to all engineering disciplines.
ARTC recognises that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong and customer focused organisation. On that basis we encourage you to apply for this position if you believe you can add value to our diverse workforce.
About the Position
As the Graduate Engineer you will provide technical engineering and delivery support to the Senior Project Manager and the Project Delivery Team across various civil, road, bridge, structural, rail and rail signalling disciplines.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Assist in the planning and delivery of projects in accordance with various contracts
- Assist in the scoping and costing of projects so a realistic assessment of project viability is undertaken
- Contribute to review and development of detailed project plans and documentation
- Provide input into engineering solutions to support the delivery of NSW Projects
- Audit and report on quality and scope deviations/variations from approved installation design and standards
- Ensure compliance with ARTC’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environment Management System (EMS) requirements
- Observe and give direction to labour and contract resources engaged directly by the Project
In working with this close knit project team, you will collaborate with other dedicated employees across the business to deliver these important rail infrastructure projects.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and experience:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of or an awareness of Work Health and Safety principles and relevant rail safety legislation
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, ideally in civil, electrical or communications streams
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop solutions to engineering problems
- High attention to detail and ability to work in an organised, well ordered manner
- Drivers Licence - Class C
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Work experience in a construction environment
- Exposure to a railway operating environment would be highly regarded
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment to the position is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button and provide your resume addressing the key selection criteria.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:27th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm