Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC), a major national organisation, is responsible for managing infrastructure maintenance, capital upgrades and the movement of trains on railway track across South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland, as well as within the Hunter Valley Coal Rail Network. ARTC embraces a diverse workforce to ensure a supportive and fair workplace in which differences between employees are respected and viewed as organisational assets.
ARTC recognises that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong and customer-focused organisation that will give rail a competitive advantage. They are committed to hiring the best person for the job, so if this sounds like you are encouraged to apply.
About the Position
We are currently seeking applications for a Graduate Signal Engineer to join our team on a fixed term three (3) year permanent basis, based in Newcastle New South Wales. As a Graduate Signal Engineer, you will have the opportunity to rotate across a variety of roles in engineering, project delivery, and maintenance execution. You will receive a tailored development program incorporating on-the job training, program based learning and professional mentorship. Your development program will be structured towards attaining a Statement of Competency (SoC) as a Signal Engineer.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- A recent graduate (within last 3 years) in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, or Information & Communication Technology OR qualified Signal Electrician with a Certificate 4 in Rail Signaling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Team focused.
- Personal commitment to self-development.
- Ability and willingness to undertake the Graduate Diploma in Railway Signalling.
- Driver's License Class C.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrate leadership skills through extra-curricular activities and/or work experience.
- Work experience in either heavy industry, construction, mining or railway environment.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
Apply now and address your application to Lauren Muadin, People Coordinator by close of business Sunday 23 May 2021.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechatronics, Information...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:23rd May 2021, 1:59 pm