Go somewhere unexpected with the ATO Evergreen program
The ATO Evergreen program is an entry-level program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. It will provide you an opportunity to start your career and develop your professional and technical skills in the public service.
The Evergreen program combines work experience and formal training with a permanent job on successful completion of the program.
Your role in the ATO
The Evergreen program offers entry-level positions in the Australian Public Service (APS) solely for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. You’ll gain experience and develop your professional and technical skills as you:
- provide customer service from a call centre environment (scheduled phone environment)
- help taxpayers meet their tax obligations
- provide business support
- undertake case work.
What we offer
As part of the program, we offer:
- a challenging, rewarding career
- access to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employee networks and Indigenous Liaison Officers
- two work rotations during the program
- starting salary of over $55,000 (APS 2)
- regular technical training
- support from a dedicated Evergreen manager
- APS employment conditions.
If you’re successful, you’ll commence with the program in June 2021.
Open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
To be eligible for the program you must be able to provide written evidence that you:
- are of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- are accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which you live or have lived
- are an Australian citizen.
You must be able to provide evidence to support your eligibility and also undergo a criminal history records check.
To find out more and apply visit ato.gov.au/evergreen
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Government, Information...
- Work rights:
Canberra, Gosford, Newcastle,...
- Closing Date:8th Jan 2021, 12:00 pm