At the ATO, you'll do work you can't do anywhere else. Work that is meaningful, diverse and challenging. Work that makes a difference to all Australians.
What we provide
- a full-time, 12-month, award-winning graduate program
- a competitive starting salary package of nearly $78,000 ($67,577 plus 15.4% super) as an APS3
- an excellent social and networking base with fellow graduates
- inspiring work rotations to develop your skills and explore different areas of interest
- work-life balance including flexible working from home arrangements and generous leave entitlements
- career progression to a permanent APS 4 level role, relevant to your stream, when you complete the program, with a salary package of nearly $87,000 ($75,279 plus 15.4% super).
What you’ll do
Keeping Australians safe from ever-evolving cyber security threats is critical. As an ATO Cyber Security graduate, you’ll be a part of a team that protects Australians by delivering a range of policies programs and processes. Your work will protect the confidentiality and integrity of data holdings across the tax and superannuation ecosystem.
You’ll be part of a globally recognised, leading IT capability. Our program offers an opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into information security, privacy, and compliance issues and collaborate with others to drive cyber security initiatives forward. You could:
- assist in developing and applying strategies to configure, administer and maintain security in IT systems
- participate in the design and coordination of security changes required to IT environments and provide advice to clients
- analyse technical issues and research and develop design options to provide solutions
- contribute to development and monitoring of access control in IT systems.
You’ll receive tailored training and mentoring from subject matter experts to enable you to reach your full potential.
Who you are
We’re looking for people with curious minds, who can demonstrate a passion for Australian Government initiatives, enjoy outside the box thinking, sharing ideas and building relationships, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply, you must have completed your university degree within the last five years or be in your final year of study. At the time of commencing our program, you must have completed all your course requirements.
You may be offered the option to commence the program in August 2023 or February 2024. To be eligible for the August 2023 early intake, you'll need to have completed your degree by 30 June 2023. Please note: not all disciplines will be offered the August intake option.
You must be an Australian citizen and willing to undergo police, character and health checks as required.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity to you, we encourage you to apply today.
Applications close 17 April 2023.
To find out more visit ato.gov.au/grads.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Albury, Gosford,...
- Closing Date:17th Apr 2023, 12:59 pm