The ATO Graduate Program will bring out the best in you and help you launch your career.
Applications for the 2022 Graduate Program are now open.
From tax experts to IT superstars, we’re looking for people with the right chemistry to help us grow as a leading tax and super administration known for our contemporary service, expertise and integrity.
As an ATO graduate, you will be part of an award-winning program, and will have a unique and robust learning experience. We pride ourselves on being consistently recognised as one of Australia’s top graduate employers.
Develop your career, make a difference
Our Graduate Program provides an opportunity for you to develop in a dynamic and high-profile national organisation. We value our people and their diverse skills and give high priority to developing their capabilities.
What to expect from us
- an intensive 12-month program
- challenging work rotations to develop your skills and explore different areas of interest
- a program manager to support you throughout the year
- dedicated training and development opportunities
- a competitive starting salary of more than $64,000
- an employer contribution of 15.4% to your chosen superannuation account
- in addition to the standard 20 days annual leave, we provide additional leave during the Christmas closedown period
- flexible working arrangements
- a workplace culture that is supportive and promotes equal opportunities
- an excellent social and networking base with fellow graduates.
On successful completion of our Graduate Program, you'll:
- gain an ongoing role
- advance to the next classification level APS4
- receive a salary of more than $73,000
- continue to receive a wide range of employee benefits, including four weeks annual leave, annual salary advancement and flexible working hours
- be able to explore further study and qualifications such as practical legal training and the chartered accountants program through our tuition assistance program (TAP) or study leave options.
Your graduate year gives you an unmatched opportunity to develop your professional network and make friendships along the way with a range of people.
We also give high priority to building your capabilities and we provide a culturally diverse and safe working environment because we want you to enjoy a full and varied career with us.
What we expect from you
We expect our people to:
- apply leadership at all levels
- be responsible and adaptable to our business needs
- strive to do the basics brilliantly
- contribute to a positive workplace that ensures we are working together.
What you need
If you have a degree in any of these or associated disciplines, you could have the skills we’re looking for.
- Accounting and Commerce
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Marketing and Communication
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), and Statistics.
We encourage applications from all areas of the community, including Indigenous Australians, candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and candidates with a disability. Indigenous Australians may apply under the Indigenous employment affirmative measure provision.
You are welcome to apply to our Graduate Program providing you are:
- be an Australian citizen by 30th January 2022
- have completed at least an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 qualification (a Bachelor degree), equivalent, or higher equivalent
- be in the final year of your degree or have completed your university studies within the three years prior to the time of your application (9 March 2018 – 31 December 2021) and are able to provide evidence of completion before the start of the program
- be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted onto the program when required
- be willing to undergo any Police, character, health or other checks required.
To find out more visit ato.gov.au/grads
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Government, Information...
- Work rights:
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 1:00 pm