As the largest healthcare provider and employer in East Gippsland, Bairnsdale Regional Health Service (BRHS) is a progressive organisation, providing multi-disciplinary services to a growing population. With over 900 employees and frequent service development and expansion, BRHS offers a fantastic opportunities to gain valuable experience and progress your career. If you choose BRHS, you choose lifestyle, career and community. With the Gippsland Lakes, beaches, national parks and snowfields on your door step, you will relish a great work/life balance whilst enjoying rewarding community connections through your work and home life.
Why Choose our Collaborative Graduate Program:
- We offer a personalised learning program supported by experienced health professionals who are dedicated to seeing you grow and succeed in your graduate year.
- Our goal is for you to acquire experience and knowledge within a supportive environment, enabling you to become a competent, confident, accountable and professional health care practitioner.
- We aim to equip our graduate nurses with the skills and confidence to successfully initiate known theory with practice within the health care setting.
- You will be encouraged to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills throughout the program and into your career.
- You will receive regular study days and education sessions and be assigned a preceptor to support your induction and development
- Future opportunities exists at the completion of your Graduate year with a Transition Program currently available for Year 2 nurses to apply for.
This program involves a partnership between BRHS and local primary care and community providers and will provide you with the opportunity to consolidate practice in various areas including both clinical and community settings:
- 12 month program commencing January 2022
- Part Time role, 64.0 hours per fortnight
- 2 x 6 month rotations incorporating one rotation in the hospital and one rotation in a primary care/community setting
- Primary/community care rotations are provided by Gippsland Lakes Complete Health (GLCH) or Omeo and District Health Service with applicants invited to indicate their preference
Read our full program brochure here.
How to Apply:
All applications are to be made by the PMCV computer match process as well as submitting an application online directly to BRHS (by selecting apply now) below and are to include:
- A letter of application outlining why you wish to participate in this program
- Responses to the key selection criteria listed in the position description
- Resume (with photo attached)
- Certified Academic Transcripts
- Certified copies of your last 2 clinical appraisals (one must be 3rd year)
- Name and contact details of 2 clinical referees
For more information contact Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator, Kate Roberts on (03) 5150 3617.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:22nd Jun 2021, 1:59 pm