Thrive in a culture of inclusion
The values that make us a unique and a great place to work are deeply embedded and you will notice our difference in all of your interactions with us, in Australia and across the globe.
- We are passionately global, and leverage our global expertise for our Australian and global clients at every opportunity, recognising our strength is in our diversity.
- We have a strong and diverse culture of friendship, inclusion, collaboration.
- We are commercial pragmatists who make complex issues simple for our clients and we focus on our clients’ business needs.
- We strive to stay ahead of the curve and encourage entrepreneurship.
- We actively encourage and support contribution to the community, through our pro bono and community service programs.
- We want everyone at Baker McKenzie to reach their potential so we invest in global, regional and local world-class development and mobility programs for our people.
Award Winning Diversity Strategy
Baker McKenzie is committed to diversity, inclusion, workplace flexibility, and equal opportunity. As the first truly global law firm, Baker McKenzie's origins are rooted in the respect for and appreciation of difference. We understand that organizations work best when people with different backgrounds and multiple points of view are brought together. Our own diversity mirrors our commitment to exploring multiple perspectives to develop the best possible solutions for our clients and to fostering a culture of respect and inclusion that celebrates diversity. Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA.
Diversity is central to our success. We are at home anywhere in the world and we rely on our people to navigate cultures, borders and practices with ease. What sets Baker McKenzie apart is our ability to leverage different languages, cultures, generations and perspectives we have to create a truly international law firm that places a real focus on diversity and inclusion.
Our award-winning diversity strategy, initiatives and programs are focussed in five key areas, in which all our people can participate:
- BakerWomen – gender diversity, including the implementation of our gender diversity strategy to support the progression of women as a strategic priority for the Firm;
- BakerDNA – ethnic, indigenous and cultural diversity;
- BakerBalance – supporting carers and parents, mental health and wellbeing and workplace flexibility and flexible working practices;
- BakerLGBTI – lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex diversity; and
- BakerIndigenousEngagement – commitment to engagement with our Indigenous community - achieving better social, economic and cultural outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and to making a real difference in the lives of our nation's First Peoples.
Video: Baker McKenzie: Our Approach to D&I