Global Investment Banking focuses on building long-term relationships with more than 3,000 large corporations, financial institutions and financial sponsors, by providing strong advisory expertise and capitalizing on powerful M&A, corporate banking, treasury, debt and equity product expertise to deliver integrated financial solutions. We have a significant presence in the Americas, Europe, Emerging Markets (ex-Asia) and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for Summer Interns from a wide range of disciplines with demonstrable energy, drive to succeed and a strong desire to make a difference – is that you?
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in a 9 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Investment Banking. The program begins with firm wide orientation and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities across the Global business.
As a Summer Analyst within Investment Banking, you will:
- Be part of a highly structured and dedicated program with global reach. You will develop technical and soft skills in a fun global team environment and leave us with a holistic understanding of our firm and the people within it
- Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product and country coverage groups, providing you with a unique learning opportunity
- Help the team deliver solutions to clients leveraging full spectrum of the bank's capabilities
- Actively contribute to the preparation of client presentations and underlying financial analysis
- Develop a global network. You will learn from, and work with, teams consisting of professionals drawn from across the business, including senior bankers within your group, experts in other areas of the firm and colleagues from around the globe
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career options and opportunities
Unique to Bank of America is our provision of a Chief Resource Officer (CRO). The CRO’s sole purpose is to manage and optimize the junior banker experience on a very hands-on manner. The CRO partners closely with senior leadership to instill the firm’s culture, to ensure work/life balance and to provide a well rounded, fun and value-add experience for junior bankers.
In some countries, Summer Analysts are placed in a generalist team which means a 'staffer' will staff you on projects in specific industry, product and country coverage groups. In other countries, Summer Analysts are placed directly with a specific team throughout the internship. Team placement is determined by considering business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst.
The various Investment Banking groups span across country, industry and product (not all groups exist in all countries):
- Hong Kong
- Consumer Retail Healthcare
- Energy and Power
- Financial Institutions
- Global Industrials including Metals & Mining
- Real Estate & Gaming
- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Financial Sponsors
- General Execution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- Outstanding academic achievement which is complemented by other socioeconomic extracurricular activities
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
Training & Program Highlights
The 9 week program are designed to help you decide whether our offer matches your aspirations and include:
- A dedicated Chief Resource Officer (CRO) who is tasked with managing and optimizing the junior banker experience
- An induction and training program with classroom and on the job instruction
- Summer Senior Speaker Series, featuring global and divisional presentations by top executives
- Formal career support via buddies, CROs, mentors and staffers who will help you navigate through the program
- Opportunities to interact with senior bankers and network with peers
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
How to Apply
- Start your application at https://campus.bankofamerica.com/
- Search for the program, business division and location you wish to apply for and select the program title
- Select 'Apply Now' and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form - please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline July 14, 2020, 12:00 PM Sydney Time.
- Job type:Internships
Government, Health Policy and Administration, Recruitment,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:14th Jul 2020, 2:00 am