What we’re looking for (Key Requirements):
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and able to adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
The Global Corporate Banking division serves a diverse corporate client base. We have a significant presence in the Americas, Europe, Emerging Markets (ex-Asia) and Asia Pacific, serving clients in virtually all countries. We provide our clients with a range of services fundamental to their business, including strategic and financing advice, restructuring and risk management solutions, as well as capital raisings from both the public markets and private sources. We serve our clients through teams of professionals that bring together the full capabilities of the bank to satisfy one goal: helping our clients succeed.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8-12 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Corporate Banking. The program begins with a firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior bankers. Corporate Banking Summer Analysts will be assigned a mentor and buddy to provide guidance over the course of the program.
Corporate Banking Summer Analysts are active members of the country’s integrated client coverage (Corporates, Financial Institutions and Subsidiaries) teams who assist bankers in the delivery of the full breadth of products and services to clients and prospects.
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities):
- Support and assist the bankers in managing their client portfolio’s – client development, pitching and execution and responding to client requests
- Assist in deal execution and follow-up – assist in putting together internal memos and working through the KYC process for example produce and distribute internal documents for the team – meeting minutes, market reports, weekly pipeline reports
- Perform various statistical and financial analyses
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Prepare presentation and other materials for clients
- Learn from, and work with teams consisting of professionals from across the business, including senior corporate bankers within your group, product and support partners and other colleagues from around the globe
- Have the opportunity to work on a project that requires analyzing a business opportunity for a client and presenting findings to bankers on how to expand that client franchise
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
How to Apply
- Start your application at https://campus.bankofamerica.com/
- Search for the program, business division and location you wish to apply for and select the program title
- Select 'Apply Now' and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form - please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline July 27, 2021, 12:00 PM Sydney time.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:27th Jul 2021, 12:59 pm