We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our growing team. The core attributes we are looking for are:
- A passion for telling a story using insights from data.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to rapidly learn new tools and techniques to suit the problem at hand.
- A drive to take projects from start to finish.
- You will be scoping out business problems identifying root cause, potential solutions, data requirements and expected customer outcomes.
- You will use internal data and advanced analytics to provide insights into customer behaviour.
- In delivering solutions, you will source and clean data, design, develop and evaluate models using a variety of machine learning and statistical models for internal stakeholders from start to finish, in the field of customer behaviour.
- Work on a variety of analytical problems and break new ground in the way we understand and enrich our relationship with our customers.
- Support the team to transition proof of concepts into productionised data products within the Bankwest environment, creating genuine value for Bankwest and our customers.
- When you're not hacking together a script, or training a model, you love discussing new concepts with data and helping to lift Bankwest's data/analytics literacy. You welcome the opportunity to present your work to a wider audience, and are willing to put in the work required to explain it clearly and effectively.
- Ability to understand the business challenges and collaborate effectively with the business and rest of the team to get the right outcome, whilst balancing results and continuous improvement.
- Experience querying relational databases and performing analytics. In a nutshell, "you can code". You're likely to be proficient in one or more of the following languages/environments: R, Python, SAS, SQL. You are confident you can get data into a form that you can work with, whatever format it starts and ends in.
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and ability to pick up technical concepts quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, visually and verbally.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline required, e.g. mathematics, economics, econometrics, statistics, computer science, engineering or business. Interest in application of advanced analytics in a customer-account, customer behaviour and/or marketing.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Mathematics, Science, Statistics
- Work rights:Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:24th Jan 2023, 12:00 am