As a market leader in leafy vegetables, brassicas, and herbs, we invest heavily in new product development and technology to ensure our customers experience our business philosophy with every purchase- “Freshness and Quality without Compromise.”
We are proud of our field and hydroponic operations situated close to metropolitan centres around Australia. Part of our strength is that we can deliver fresh, quality produce year-round within 24 hours of harvest.
Our commitment to continuous improvement and quality is demonstrated through adherence to several industry and global standards including Freshcare and HARPS.
About the role:
A rare opportunity for a Graduate Junior Grower is now available in Peats Ridge, NSW. As a Junior Grower, you will learn directly from our Senior Manager on the farm, who will train you on how to grow, manage and inspect crops, as well as manage the operational side of farming. This is a pivotal role within our Company, as it is the very first stage of the production process.
This is an ideal position for someone that has studied Agriculture/ Horticulture and wants to kick start their career. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player and passionate about developing their career on-farm within the fresh produce industry.
Working at our Peats Ridge and Somersby Sites in NSW, you will be exposed to both protective cropping and medium scale row cropping. Our greenhouses all have varying levels of technology from low to medium technology growing Radish, herbs and Asian vegetables. We use both soil and hydroponic production to grow these vegetables.
Key duties/ responsibilities include:
- Ground prep
- Crop Scouting
- Fertiliser and chemical application and recommendations.
- Harvest Forecasting
- Harvest Quality Control
- Liaising with sales team members regarding outlook
- Crop planning and rotation as well as future planning
- Soil health and bio-diversity planning programs
- Team supervision and labour management
- Ensuring the farm meets current goals and assist in developing the farm to achieve the company’s longer-term business plan
If you’re not afraid of hard work and are looking for a graduate or entry-level role within a dynamic and thriving industry, apply now!
Please note remuneration is dependent on knowledge, experience, and skill.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Agriculture, Horticulture
- Work rights:Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
- Locations:Regional New South...
- Program Duration
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:1st Apr 2023, 6:00 am