- Be part of a culture rich in professional opportunities, personal fulfilment and long term growth
- Freedom to succeed in an environment where development and ongoing learning is valued
- Work alongside a dedicated team of experienced professionals
BDO (Nth Qld) is one of the leading full service accounting, audit, tax and advisory firms in North Queensland, with a team of nine Partners and over 65 staff. Our office is located in the Cairns Corporate Tower, right in the heart of the CBD. We offer a unique combination of local market knowledge, established relationships, technical expertise as well as the reach, capacity and breadth of the global BDO network.
We are proud to be part of the large global BDO network made up of over 75,000 professionals. Our people identify career development, empowerment, flexibility, a collaborative and personal culture and being part of a growing global firm as the core attributes that define us as an employer. At BDO, we understand that being the leader in exceptional client service begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people.
We are very proud to be ranked number two in the Top Intern Programs of 2018 by AAGE. Our Vacation Program is the talent pipeline to our Graduate Program and provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in the BDO culture while gaining practical and valuable experience during your summer holidays.
Current opportunities and what we look for in our Vacationers
We are seeking enthusiastic and highly motived candidates. You will be an undergraduate currently in your second last year of a Business / Commerce (Accounting) degree and have the right to work in Australia on an ongoing basis. You will also possess the following qualities:
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- High levels of attention to detail
- Solid academic achievement
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong IT and computer skills including Microsoft Office applications as well as being willing and able to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Previous work experience
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Motivation for continuous learning.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity please click ‘Apply Now’.
For further information about student opportunities and starting your career at BDO (Nth Qld) please visit https://www.bdo.com.au/en-au/careers/students/cairns or alternatively contact Bonnie Mueller via phone on 4046 0000 or via email at [email protected]
Please note that all applications must be submitted online.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 7 April 2019.
What happens once you apply?
- You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application
- Each application will be reviewed individually by our People & Culture team • Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete an online video interview
- The final shortlist will then be invited to a face-to-face (or phone / Skype) interview and will also be required to complete online testing, reference and background checks. The final shortlist may be invited to a second face to face interview.
- 2020 Graduate offers will then be made on Tuesday 7 May 2019.
All applicants will be updated via email on the progress of their application throughout the recruitment process.
To keep up to date with application dates, events and more please follow the BDO Nth Qld Facebook page.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:7th Apr 2019, 12:59 pm