Are you a penultimate / pre-penultimate year student with a passion for understanding transactions and its implications, such as, on taxes? Do you want to work in an ever-changing tax environment and grow a career in providing expert tax advice? We are searching for interest in students looking to join our Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing teams!
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax, advisory and consulting services.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA) and to be ranked in the 2020 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
About the Team
As part of our Tax team, you will consult our clients on various tax-related matters and guide them through the ever-changing landscape of tax legislation. We combine our understanding of the transaction, the commercial and tax implications, and your desired outcomes to deliver results.
As a BDO Undergraduate
Creating a strong platform from which to launch your career starts on your first day. As an Undergraduate you’ll gain ongoing real-life work experience providing valuable and practical opportunities to broaden your knowledge and set up your career upon graduating.
BDO will continuously support you in your training and development; this includes various courses and training programs- ranging from specialist/technical knowledge to client-winning skills. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to commence with our firm at a time that suits you and we can work around you regarding support needed to complete your degree. Our Partners and team will guide you through every stage of your career whilst supporting you to expand your network both locally and globally during your time with BDO.
What are your learning opportunities?
In our Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing teams, you’ll be exposed to real work our team do. This includes but is not limited to:
- Tax compliance including preparation of tax returns, statements of taxable income and tax effect accounting
- Taxation planning, corporate restructures, IPOs & capital management
- International tax & cross border financing
- Fringe benefits tax
- Providing commentary to Federal Treasury, Australian Taxation Office and the media on recent developments in taxation
- Preparing and present tax technical papers to clients and other public practitioners
- Learning about the client’s business via functional analysis interviews and industry analyses;
- Performing economic analysis based on client’s circumstances, including benchmarking analyses;
- Assisting with preparation of transfer pricing documentation to support the clients’ position with taxation authorities;
- Building your knowledge about transfer pricing requirements in Australia and standards required overseas, making your skills highly transferable internationally;
- Liaising with the ATO regarding client matters.
You’ll currently be studying a degree in accounting, business, commerce, or a related discipline. As you’ll be engaged in doing meaningful work from day one, you’ll bring:
- Well-rounded communication and interpersonal skills;
- A passion for financial analysis;
- Customer focused work experience;
- An understanding of how to work in a team environment;
- Proven academic achievement combined with an enthusiasm for continuous learning and development.
How do I apply and what’s next?
To register your interest in our Undergraduate program in Tax please follow the prompts to apply. You will be asked whether you are interested in Corporate Tax or Transfer Pricing. Applications will close Sunday 4 July 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to partake in exercises including a video interview, psychometric assessment, and business interview.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
- Job type:Cadetships
Business and Commerce, Engineering, Law, Mathematics
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:4th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm