BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations with almost 90,054 people working out of 1,809 offices in 167 countries and territories. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally at all stages of your career.
We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA) and to be ranked in the 2020 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders.
BDO’s Indirect Tax practice has established itself as a major player within the local marketplace, advising many of Queensland’s leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. We are seeking students who are passionate and looking to start their career in Indirect Tax within our dynamic practice.
Our Indirect Tax Graduate Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop technical expertise across a variety of indirect taxes including GST, fuel tax credit, stamp duty, payroll tax and luxury car tax.
- Provide advice on cutting edge indirect tax issues to a prestigious client base.
- Develop your client management skills through attending meetings and dealing directly with client queries.
- Receive excellent training, mentoring and support throughout your career.
- Be part of a collaborative team environment.
To hear firsthand from our BDO Graduates please visit our Student Recruitment page.
What you’ll need to succeed
We welcome students who:
- Are currently in final year (or recently completed) completing dual degree in Bachelor of Commerce/Business and Law
- Display solid academic achievement
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking, organisational and written skills
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development.
- Consistently strong written and verbal communication skills including thorough legal research skills
- Are an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent resident at time of application
Life at BDO
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills.
In addition to a comprehensive career development plan, as part of the BDO team you will also receive a competitive salary package together with a fantastic corporate wellness program. BDO prides itself on providing a supportive, people-focused culture.
We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients with whom you work.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues.
What happens after you apply?
- You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your application
- Each application is reviewed individually
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete an online video interview, and successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre
- All applicants will be updated throughout the process as to the progress of their application
- Applications close Friday, 22 January 2021.
To find out more information about our Graduate opportunities and what it’s like to work at BDO please visit:
To submit your application please click ‘Apply Now’. Your application should include a cover letter that clearly explains why you believe you have the skills needed to succeed in this role. Should you have any further enquiries about starting your career with BDO please email Amishree Raivadera at [email protected] or call on (07) 3237 5999.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
OUR PEOPLE ARE THE DIFFERENCE
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:22nd Jan 2021, 12:59 pm