BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations with almost 90,054 people working out of 1,809 offices in 167 countries. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally at all stages of your career.
BDO’s Private Wealth practice strives to deliver high quality, tailored wealth management solutions and advice, to help clients meet their financial and lifestyle goals. Our highly experienced and qualified planners provide creation and protection of wealth solutions for a broad range of clients including individuals, families, executives, professionals and business owners.
We seek a recent graduate who wants to develop their career in a nurturing and welcoming professional services environment. Our collaborative, open-door culture allows you the opportunity, early on in your career, to build relationships with clients and expand your network nationally and globally.
Reporting to the Director, Private Wealth, your focus will be the delivery of client service processes to ensure licensee compliance requirements and the highest standard of client service delivery are met.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Client service communication – client preparation, meeting follow ups and client queries
- Inducting clients – oversee client paperwork, assist with lodgements, paperwork preparation and service agreement clarification
- Ensure client files are compliant and assist with regular audit processes
- Client advice:
- assist with the preparation of Statement of Advice documentation in conjunction with the Para Planner
- prepare for ongoing client reviews (complete all necessary reports and documentation as required)
- coordinate and prepare required documentation for existing clients (Records of Advice) whilst working within deadlines
- ensure client data is accurately and appropriately recorded to meet compliance requirements o produce reports as required and manage the ongoing client workflow and service agreements
- Research – new business research and implementation (liaise with investment platforms, insurance providers etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within BDO
- maintain adequate and accurate records and file notes
- contribute to additional administration projects
- provide general administration support to the team including client correspondence, filing and other office support functions.
As a BDO Graduate you will:
- Have completed your Bachelor of Business (Major in Financial Planning) or a similar degree
- Have strong technical knowledge of the financial planning industry and ensure it is maintained or expanded
- Ideally have data entry experience using financial planning software (XPLAN preferred) (not essential)
- Possess fantastic communication and interpersonal skills
- Have motivation for continuous learning
- Be a dynamic team player who can complement our diverse and energetic team, while also having the ability to work alone when required
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Outstanding attention to detail
What we will offer you
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills. We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
In addition to an industry competitive hourly rate, this role offers a degree of flexibility in terms of how and when you work.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues.
To submit your application please click Apply Now or for further information please contact the People & Culture team on (08) 7324 6000.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:11th Jan 2021, 12:59 pm